There will always be crime and I think everyone has some crime-related experiences, like petty thiefing or a robbery. You simply can't prevent it totally, but even if we reduce it with a few percentages, it'd be an improvement for our society. How should be penalty this and should policemen actually carry guns for their own protection?
I think the penalty part is not as good as the preventing part. Preventing crimes will not only make our country safer but it will also contribute in the cohesion! The main reason we use punishments is fear, but fear will only prevent crimes from happening for only a few people in this society we live in, which is not good enough. Penalties are okay, as long as they are fair and suitable for the crime. However, I don't think fines are fair, because some people can simply afford more than other people, which isn't fair at all.
I don't think we should let policemen carry guns. This will be more dangerous for all of us, as it frightens the possible thiefs more, which ends up in more stupid and deadly situations! Guns will become easier to get and look at America, that's not a good thing! Defending the law should not make an exception.
I'd like to hear your opinion!
Daan
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten