maandag 23 mei 2011

Drugs

Willem Boumans
Alcohol and drugs

Drugs are a very sensitive subject to talk about these days. In this text, I give my personal opinion about drugs and alcohol.
I think alcohol could be considered as a drug. If it would be considered as one, I think it should be marked "softer" than marijuana.
People get addicted to everything nowadays, alcohol included. I think most alcoholics in The Netherlands are between 16 and 30 years old, because they are old enough to buy alcohol legally, and they just want to go on and on. The biggest problem with alcoholics is that they don't know their own limits. I believe the best remedy for alcoholism is group therapy, because most people get addicted to alcohol because they feel lonely and abandoned.

Marijuana is legal in The Netherlands, and I think it should stay this way. If you make marijuana illegal, some people will always smuggel it into the country. Another thing that could occur, is that people will start using hard drugs instead of marijuana, because both are illegal.

Tobacco is considered legal in almost every country, because it doesn't affect the behavior of people as much as drugs or alcohol. Another reason for tobacco being legal, is the fact that millions of people are addicted to it, and it makes a shipload of money. if you would ban it, you would make millions of people angry and the governments don't like making citizens angry.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten